Your Cotacol Bucket listEnable strava integration for the full experience !
How it all started
The COTACOL is a belgian reference book about cycling uphill, made by Daniel Gobert and Jean-Pierre Legros in 1989. In it are descriptions of the thousand toughest climbs for cyclists.
Each climb is described by several facts: name, a short description, height, grade, length, what state the road surface is in, average climbing time for an amateur or a professional road cyclist.
The combined authors measured 1.869.800 km, rode up a height of 112.396 meters and measured nearly 30.000 data points to compose this book. Each hill has a so-called COTACOL score. This score is determined using several parameters: grade, length, road surface. A higher score means a tougher climb.
More than 30 years later, some cycling & tech enthousiasts virtually got together and built apps, web sites and integrated with Strava, so that the modern cyclist can now plan rides to conquer as much Cotacols as possible and automatically flag them when integrating with Strava.
- Gregory did Thier Riga, Thier Oulet, Rue Reine Astrid and 5 more today
- Jean did La Haie des Loups today
- Wim did Tienne Vincent today
- Dimitri did Côte du Chant d'Oiseaux, Route des Trois Frères, Chemin des Blés and 2 more yesterday
- Roel did Côte d'Ozo yesterday
- jurgen did Katteberg yesterday
- Fabian did Route de France yesterday
- Christophe did Triple Mur du Monty yesterday
- Jef did Kruisberg, Spinessenberg/Fiertelmeers, Kluisberg and 1 more yesterday
- Filip did Côte de Maltournée yesterday
- Xavier did Côte de Dochamps-Est yesterday
- Grégoire did Côte du Bois de Saint-Laurent yesterday
- Johan did Côte des Trois Frontières and Helling van Planck yesterday
- amaury did La Roche Sainte-Catherine, Côte de l'Abbaye, Côte de Froide Bise and 2 more yesterday
- Jean-Thomas did Sur le Thier yesterday
- Alain did Les Basses yesterday
- Indy did Kasteelstraat yesterday
- Jean did Côte de la Grand-Place and Tienne du Dragon yesterday
- Louis did Côte d'Ovifat, Côte de Floriheid and La Haute Levée yesterday
- Philip did Côte de Nolaumont, Côte de Grimbiémont, Côte de Waharday-Sud and 5 more 2 days ago