Your Cotacol Bucket listEnable strava integration for the full experience !
How it all started
The COTACOL is a belgian reference book about cycling uphill, made by Daniel Gobert and Jean-Pierre Legros in 1989. In it are descriptions of the thousand toughest climbs for cyclists.
Each climb is described by several facts: name, a short description, height, grade, length, what state the road surface is in, average climbing time for an amateur or a professional road cyclist.
The combined authors measured 1.869.800 km, rode up a height of 112.396 meters and measured nearly 30.000 data points to compose this book. Each hill has a so-called COTACOL score. This score is determined using several parameters: grade, length, road surface. A higher score means a tougher climb.
More than 30 years later, some cycling & tech enthousiasts virtually got together and built apps, web sites and integrated with Strava, so that the modern cyclist can now plan rides to conquer as much Cotacols as possible and automatically flag them when integrating with Strava.
- Serge did Côte de Landelies today
- « Charlie » did Côte de l'Eau Rouge today
- Julien did Route Merveilleuse today
- Stijn did Côte du Bois de la Houppe today
- Pierre did Route des Trois Frères today
- Vincent did Côte Boncelles today
- Sonny did Holstraat yesterday
- Jonathan did Op de Eiken and Côte de Lixhe yesterday
- AUGUSTIN did Route Merveilleuse yesterday
- Stephane did Côte d'Ereffe yesterday
- Jef did Rue du Mystere, Côte de l'observatoire and Moensberg yesterday
- Koen did Le Fays de José, Côte de Charneux, Côte de Hézée and 2 more yesterday
- Bjorn did Rue du Mystere yesterday
- Benjamin did La Haute Folie and Le Mont Coupé yesterday
- Kristof did Bruine Put yesterday
- simon did Heideberg, Wijndries, Alsberg and 2 more yesterday
- Vivian did Le Point d'Arrêt yesterday
- Rene did Côte de Charneux, Côte de Becco and Mont Theux yesterday
- Jef did Côte de Charneux, Côte de Becco and Mont Theux yesterday
- João did Berendries, Fortuinberg/Kanarieberg and Côte de Trieu yesterday